Monday, March 17, 2014

Sick of Sickness

Last week was rough.  Really rough. It all started Sunday night when JJ told us his tummy hurt. He's never said that before and I assumed it had to do with some of his potty training struggles. I couldn't have been more wrong.

While Jeff was laying with JJ trying to get him to sleep, the proof that he wasn't lying about his tummy hurting flew out of his mouth and landed all over his bed (and a little on Jeff). The poor kid has not thrown up for so long, he told me he sneezed on his bed. Once I explained what really happened, he found it quite funny that, "I puke on Daddy!" Admittedly, I found it a little funny, too.  

Later that night, the fever hit. By Tuesday afternoon, I just couldn't put it off anymore and we headed to see the doc. She checked for strep, which was negative and determined he just had a nasty virus. She warned that there was a virus going around where the fever was lasting five days. Being JJ is an overachiever, he didn't settle for five days and his lasted six. Way to go, kid!

Mostly he was just fussy and uncomfortable, but getting to him to eat or drink anything was a challenge. Nonetheless, the week was a learning experience for both of us, so I thought I'd share what each of us learned.  

I learned:
When JJ tells you he wants to eat a pancake, waffles, crackers, or even a Pedialite popsicle, he is lying and is testing to see how much food you will waste trying to get him to eat.

JJ learned:
If you refuse enough food, Mom will give you ice cream, even for breakfast.

I learned: 
A 7:00 p.m. nap means hyper hour from hell between 10:00 and 11:00 p.m.

JJ learned:
A 7:00 p.m. nap means staying up and partying until 11:00 p.m. Woot! Woot!

I learned:
It is possible to go through a Costco sized purchase of Kleenex in one week.

JJ learned:
If you close your mouth and blow out of your nose, you can make really cool snot bubbles.

I learned:
It is possible to watch all three Toy Stories and do the same puzzle 27 times in one day.

JJ learned: 
Woody and Buzz never get old and no matter how many times I do a puzzle, I still don't know what Mom is talking about when she tells me pieces are corners or edges.

I learned:
A week with JJ, even when he's sick, is pretty awesome.

JJ learned:
A week with Mom, even when I'm sick, is pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover