Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Who Are You Wearing, Mom?

So apparently there's this thing going on called #365FeministSelfie where women are posting pics without make-up or whatever just to show who you really are (yeah, I'd never heard of it, either).  Well, a bunch of mommy bloggers (we are kind of like a little sorority group) are building off that with the theme "Moms Vs. Award Season: Who Are You Wearing?" to show what those of us in the real world are wearing. #WhoAreYouWearingMom

When I heard about this, my first thought was, this will be fun to follow, but not really my style to take selfies. Then JJ did the sweetest thing ever this morning and changed my whole attitude.  

Since he is now a big underwear wearing boy, the first thing we do in the mornings is head for the restroom. As he was standing on his little stool in front of the toilet still half asleep, he looked at me with big blue eyes and said, "Mommy, that shirt is soooo pretty." He even gave it a little pat on the arm. Heart. Melted.

At that point, I decided it was my duty to represent the working moms in this whole thing. Often I have to wear a suit to work and even when I don't, I typically stick with a pretty simple black and grey wardrobe. However, today I have on a bright pink cardigan and since it caught JJ's eye, I'm going with that.  So here's who I'm wearing today.  
But that look is only 1/2 of my split personality.  That is business Cassidi in the stale government office with the flag on the wall and a stack of files I should be working on instead of taking selfies.

Mom aka Nighttime/Weekend Cassidi sports a whole different look.  As soon I walk in the house after a day at work, my heels and suit are a thing of the past and comfy pants are my best friend.  
Non-working mom looks a little something like this: 
Slaving over the stove making some chicken parm for the fam.  Yeah, hot stuff!
 
Like this blog?  Follow The JJ Project on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram (thejjproject). 

9 comments:

  1. So glad we inspired you to join in! And business you is looking pretty put together. Congrats on that ... I daresay I have gone once or twice without makeup to work after some of the tougher nights! I have a little boy, too, and I totally understand the heart melting. Over and over. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so sweet and first thing in the morning. Couldn't have started my day any better!

      Delete
  2. This is my first year where I'm not a working mom. I so get where you're coming from on the black and gray. I did that with a splash of color- I felt obligated to do so because I was a teacher :) I love that you showed both of the looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I realized how boring my work clothes were until JJ pointed it out! And now I realize my night time looks is also black and grey! I need a fashion consultant!

      Delete
  3. I love the ladies who have shared the contrasting at work vs not at work pictures! My five year old makes it a point to compliment me on something just about every day. I'm not sure what I did there, but I must be doing something to raise that girl right... Thanks for sharing what you're wearing (hey, that rhymes!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It's been so fun! I can't wait until I actually have some time to sit down and read all the others!

      Delete
  5. Awww, I love love love that your little boy complimented your shirt AND patted your arm. That's beyond adorable. And yeah, the minute I get home, I put on my comfy pants too. I'm so glad that you joined in!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are super cute in both sides of your personality! thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover