Thursday, June 27, 2013

Water Logged

There is no doubt, I have a water baby.  From the beginning, this kid has loved the bath and now that he is old enough to get more into pools and water play, there is no stopping him!  Lucky for him, I’m a water mom, so this is working out great!  Well, except when he wants to splash me when he is in the bath.  That is not so great.  But it is cute when he points at me and lets me know that I am “all wet.”  Yeah, I know.  Thanks, kid!
Anyway, it has been darn hot here lately, so any chance we can get into the water, we have been.  Last weekend, we hit it big time. 
We started off going to the city pool Saturday.  Let me just say pools have changed quite a bit since I was a kid.  The “baby pool” I grew up with was basically a 10 foot by 10 foot square of water about a foot deep.  The pool JJ and I went to has zero depth entry, a slide coming out of a shark’s mouth, water spraying up from everywhere, and is pretty much just awesome.  It took JJ about 30 seconds to warm up to what was happening, but he soon got the hang of it and had a blast.
After a while, I thought I would see how he did in in the big pool (which also has awesome slides, a lazy river, and all kinds of coolness).  Seriously, when I lifeguarded back in the day, I thought good ole Woods Pool was the coolest because it had diving platforms, but that was nothing compared to this!  We stuck with a small area that wasn’t overly populated.  JJ was not too happy when we left the baby pool area.  That is, until we got to the big pool.  He couldn’t wait to jump right in.  When I would put his head under water, I could still see him grinning from ear to ear.  And he absolutely loved jumping off the side.  The only bad part was the creepy 12ish year old kid and his creepy grandpa that didn’t want to leave us alone.  All in all, a great time.
But we didn’t stop there.  To beat the heat on Sunday, we partied at the Lundell Waterpark (aka our backyard) with friends.  Thanks to a yard that has absolutely no flat area, we had to cram the pool on the deck, but we still managed to have a ton of fun and only one disgusting poopy diaper filled with water (you didn’t think I could actually get through a blog without mentioning poop did you?).   
I think it is safe to say Madison is having a good time!
Thanks for the popsickles, Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover