Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gettin’ Mushy

Time to step away from all the pregnancy chat for this blog and take a look back at the last year of my life.  This Saturday is our one year wedding anniversary, so let’s reflect. 
It seems like just yesterday that Jeff and I were anxiously heading to St. Lucia with many friends and family for such a great wedding week.  It was truly the best week of my life and I still feel so fortunate to have found such a great guy.  He can make me laugh when I need to laugh and he can make me laugh when I want to cry.  He’s been there for and with me through the ups and downs and I couldn’t ask for a better partner in life.  He is truly my soul mate. 
The year has definitely been eventful as we knew from the get-go we were jumping in feet first on our baby quest and that quest has consumed a lot of our lives over this time.  We had some really tough times, but it gave us our story and in the end, our baby.  And there were a lot of funny stories and times (as you know) that got us where we are today.  And I always remind myself that out of the millions (literally) of “rock star” sperm and the very few eggs I had left holding on, only that one sperm and that one egg could create our child and that is how it was all meant to work out.
So to continue my tribute to the best husband in the world, here are a few of Jeff’s best qualities that I’ve experienced over the past year justifying why I love this man sooo much!
1.     He’s random.  Who else would high five me after our first kiss as man and wife?


2.     He’s romantic.  For example, this is my birthday cake from last year.  What says romance like a deer and profanity?


3.     He’s optimistic.  After contributing his “sample” at the fertility doc, he came out of the room and told the whole office, “Those are winners!”  Turns out, they were!
4.     He’s good with kids.  When we were in Colorado visiting family, we spent one night babysitting my nephew (age 5) and my niece (almost 2 at the time).  Kinley was in the phase where she always pretended to be a dog.  At one point, Jeff had both kids on hands and knees eating a cupcake off a plate like they were dogs.  (Yes, Julie, that really happened). 
5.     He’s brave.  Just this past weekend, while he was out running errands he went to Baby Depot, all by himself, to buy the breast pump I want while it was on sale.  After convincing two sales ladies that they didn’t have the one in I wanted, he called a second location and drove there to get the right one.  Seriously, how many guys would go breast pump shopping?
At least I find those qualities endearing! That’s just a small sample and I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.
So, to you, honey, I say this.  I love you!  I am so grateful to have you in my life everyday and look forward to the many many years and adventures we have ahead of us.  I couldn’t ask for a better best friend and husband.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover